No time, don’t know what to cook? Are those your excuses for skipping breakfast?
I don’t like them, but fortunately my latest student guest blogger Mandy is here to save the day with her latest recipe.
Quick, Easy 3-Ingredient Flourless Banana Pancakes
Let’s face it, breakfast and bananas just go together. They available all year around and are an excellent source of energy and nutrients to start your day right. In fact, bananas are one of the richest dietary sources of potassium, a mineral that supports your heart health and muscle functioning.
Sometimes, though, we want to enjoy our bananas in different ways and they don’t always always have to be used for banana bread either.
It’s time to “branch” out and think outside of the peel.
Look below and be prepared to go bananas over these pancakes!
Yield: 6 small pancakes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs OR 2 flax eggs ( 2 tbsp flax, 5 tbsp water)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tablespoons oil of your choice
Optional extras for toppings:
- Dash of choice of spice [I used pumpkin pie spice]
- 2 tablespoons almond/peanut butter
- ¼ c chopped walnuts
1. In a mixing bowl, crack the 2 eggs and add the ½ tsp baking powder. Whisk ingredients together.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, peel the 2 ripe bananas and mash with a fork until consistency is blended with some chunks.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the mashed bananas and stir to combine all ingredients.
4. Place 1 TB coconut oil in a pan over medium/low heat, once coconut oil is melted add approximately ¼ cup of pancake batter.
5. Cook for approximately one minute, until the bottom looks browned and golden when you lift the corner.
6. Flip pancake over and cook for about one minute more.
7. These pancakes are best when they are still warm. Serve with almond butter, pumpkin pie spice and chopped walnuts, or any extra toppings you’d like. Get creative and enjoy!
These Look delicious!
Andy De Santis RD MPH