With the release of my 5 Ingredient Pescatarian Cook Book just over a week away, it’s time to really flex my mussels.
Today’s recipe, detailed below in all its glory, features mussels in curried coconut milk.
Mussels, for those who may not know, are very much a “Seafood Superfood” and a very strong compliment to any Pescatarian diet.
1. Nearly half of the %Daily Value for iron – an important consideration for pescatarians & other vegetarians
2. More than the double the omega-3 fatty acid content per serving than popular white fish varieties such as cod, haddock
3. Nearly 1/4 of the %Daily Value for Vitamin C – making it a great pairing with plant-based iron sources such as legumes
4. 1200% of your daily value of vitamin B12 – another important consideration for pescatarians & other vegetarians
5. Less than 1 gram of saturated fat – because who needs it!?
What else can I say?
Enjoy the recipe, but before you do – order yourself the full book!